Monday, August 27, 2007

Starbucks Has My Number

I have never been a coffee drinker. I’ve just never really enjoyed the taste of it. If I needed a little caffeine pick-me-up I would reach for a can of Diet Coke.

Anyhoo, before I moved to Ottawa I lived in Vancouver where a Starbucks beverage was virtually an accessory. No outfit was complete without one. So enticing was Starbucks that I started drinking coffee (only once in a while), as long as it didn’t taste like coffee.

At first, my drink of choice was the Caffè Mocha. But over time I noticed new items appearing on their menu – all of which fit my requirement of not tasting like coffee. I was distraught earlier this year when they discontinued their Cinnamon Dolce Latte. So imagine my glee when I went into my local Starbucks last week to see that it is now back!

And now that it has made a triumphant return, it is only a matter of a few short weeks before their pumpkin-flavored concoctions appear. And then only a few more short weeks after that, they’ll bring back their Christmas-themed coffees (I love me some Peppermint Mocha!) I am all a tizzy with anticipation. For someone who doesn’t really like coffee, I am far more excited than I should be. Maybe it’s the caffeine.

No comments: