Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ironically, This Clip Made Me Wet MY Pants

For those not in the know, I lived in Japan for five years a while back (pre-politics, pre-Hubby the Great and The Wee Man). My brother currently lives in Tokyo and has a four year old son whose mother is Japanese. I know they want my nephew to learn as much English as possible, but I’d also like The Wee Man to learn some Japanese (umm, I may be getting ahead of myself since he only has three words of English so far, but anyhow…) so he and his cousin don’t have any trouble communicating later on.

I was curious to see what kinds of educational English-Japanese kids’ DVDs exist out there. While my Google search didn’t really turn up anything to help The Wee Man with his future bilingualism, I did run across a Japanese clip using a popular animated character to, let’s say, encourage toilet training. Someone did the English-speaking world a huge favour by subtitling it. And, while you may at first be doubtful, I can vouch for the authenticity of the translation.

I’m laughing now, but when it comes time to toilet train The Wee Man, I may be begging for an English version…

2 comments:

Virginia said...

That was funny! We had a potty song that we made up when our kids were being trained. It's always nice to see that other cultures are not so different from ours.

Suburban Turmoil Blog Hopping Weekend...Virginia

Anonymous said...

That was hilarious.