Thursday, November 1, 2007

Are You Quite Serious?

No surprise that the Christmas season starts earlier and earlier every year. After all, Yuletide products started appearing on store shelves right after Labour Day. But do they need to start playing Christmas carols so damned early?

I entered a store today and was confronted with “Jingle Bells” playing on the sound system. November 1st. November. Bloody. First.

I suppose retailers do it to create an ambience of Christmas to get shoppers in the mood for some holiday spending. Well guess how they can get me in the mood for holiday spending? LOWER THEIR PRICES TO REFLECT THE STRONG CANADIAN DOLLAR! Because if they don’t, I will be dashing through the snow right to the U.S. to buy presents. Ho Ho Ho – Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Loukia said...

I will admit.. I don't mind the Christmas tunes or the decorations in the stores! November 1st is okay with me... however... I totally agree with you that prices should be lowered ASAP! OH, how I wish I could drive to Syracuse and go to Carousel Mall and shop my brains out this holiday season... however... being 8 months pregnant... not such a good idea. But wow... shopping in the US... incredible. SOOOO much better then here!